Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chef U Dinner Party

So its been quite a while.... I keep meaning to post things, but since I started dermatology residency in July, I've been a lot busier than expected. Whenever I have downtime, I should be reading, but I'll elaborate on that in another post. I promised that I would do a post about our dinner party last Friday, so here I am :)

I bought a SuperDeal for a Chef U dinner party for 6 almost a year ago with intentions of using it for a birthday dinner for George - his birthday is in March- but that didn't happen, but I wanted to make sure to use before it expired, so we finally found a good time to do it. We had it our friends Chase & Rebecca's house, because they have 2 little ones and a bigger kitchen. The basis of Chef U is that she comes into your house and cooks a 4 course meal in an interactive fashion. Check out her website here. She let us pick the menu items ahead of time.  Our menu was...

Spiced Shrimp Rice Paper Rolls
Mango Cranberry Chutney, Vietnamese Dipping Sauce

Mexican Crab Cakes
Corn Relish, Chipotle Tartar

Espresso & Brown Sugar Lamb Chops
Sweet Potato Hash
Malta reduction

Blackberry Cobbler
Vanilla Ice Cream

AND she had the wine guy from the Western send us wine pairing for each course! We each got a shot at making shrimp rolls and the guys learned how to make the crab cakes and lamb chops while  Rebecca, Caroline, and I enjoyed catching up and drinking wine. It was so funny how the guys were all waaay more into the cooking than any of us girls were.  Below are a few pics from the evening...

Prepping the delicious dinner.



Learning how to make shrimp rolls.

Beautiful table setting.

Chase & Rebecca
Caroline & Grant
All the pics of us were blurry. We all enjoyed the wine :)
I just wanted to share this great experience and recommend it to anyone interested. I know we'll definitely be doing it again!

xoxo,


(btw, I've been watching too much gossip girl....and that's another post...)

No comments:

Post a Comment