Monday, April 9, 2012

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

I won 3rd place in the Transitional Year category of poster presentations! I was thrilled! The 1st place winner had to do a powerpoint presentation in front of the residents and attendings from all programs, so it was nice to win something but not have to do that :) 3rd is perfect for me! My prize was $100 of book money.
Me and my poster
There was a banquet at Park Lane to announce the winners and display the posters. Kori came in town to accompany me to a concert later that evening, so both she and George came to the reception. Unfortunately, George was working nights, so he wasn't able to stay until the end so I didn't get a picture with him, but here is one of me and Kori.
After the banquet, Kori and I went to the Alison Krauss concert at the BJCC. George and I love her music. I gave him the tickets for his birthday last month. When he got his schedule for this month, we were sad to see he was working nights that week and wouldn't be able to go. The concert was good; very low key. After a few glasses of wine, I would have enjoyed it more from the comfort of my bed. Her music can put you to sleep (in a good way). Her voice is amazing. She sounds exactly like she does on her CD as she does in person. Here are a few pics from our balcony seats.

To round out Kori's trip, she, Caroline, Sarah Katherine, and I had brunch at Cosmo's in 5 points. It was recommended to me by a friend. I had never even heard of it. Definitely a good find. They have a bloody mary bar- how neat! We (sans mega preggo Caroline) stuck to a pitcher of mimosas though. The food was fabulous, and they had live music too. I highly recommend it for brunch.  Its always a good time to catch up with the girls. Can't wait til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment