Saturday, February 26, 2011

Southern Winters

What a beautiful day today! Clear skies, cool breeze, mid 70s = absolutely perfect February day. With the possibility of this being our last Southern winter for several years, George and I keep pausing to remind ourselves that the "winter" weather in the South is one of the perks of living here. However, southern summers are excruciatingly hot. There are pros and cons to living in different areas of the country; these have been the topics of our conversations recently. We submitted our rank list for residency this past Wednesday! Now its up to God and fate. We know we will be happy wherever we end up since we'll be together.

Back to the beautiful day. George, Hudson, and I were so excited to get to go and visit George's best buddy Chase (who I'm sure will be making many many appearances on this blog) out on his farm. As soon as we got there, the men headed off on four wheelers with guns to shoot things. Hudson and I stayed behind at the cabin to take in the nice day. When they returned, George set off to catch a trout. Where there is water, you will find George with a fishing pole. Hudson was a maniac. He went totally nuts over his reflection in the pond/George's fishing pole. I mean he went totally berserk; I've never seen anything like it. Well after about an hour of catching little bass and brim, George hooked a huge trout. As we were packing up to leave, we saw 6 wild turkeys and 2 deer, a momma and her baby. Successful day.

I have many more great pictures but I'll have to upload them in another post because I'm having trouble getting my photos to load, sorry!

























No comments:

Post a Comment